ENTRY LEVEL MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
Current college or university student enrolled in the sciences, mathematics or engineering
Meet one of the following two criteria:
1. Engaged in an activity, possess scientific attainments, or have practical experience which qualifies as cooperation with flight test engineering activities*.
2. A designated representative from a corporate member.
Engaged in flight test engineering and meet one of the following three criteria:
1. Bachelor of Science or post-graduate degree in engineering or in a physical science.
2. Bachelor in a field other than engineering or physical science and at least 2 years experience in engineering.
3. Degree from a university, college or technical school and at least 4 years experience in engineering.
Primarily engaged and experienced in flight test engineering*, and meet one of the following four criteria:
1. Hold a post-graduate degree in engineering or in a physical science and at least 1 year experience in flight test engineering
2. Bachelor of Science in engineering or in a physical science and at least 2 years experience in flight test engineering
3. Bachelor degree in a field other than engineering or a physical science and at least 4 years experience in flight test engineering
4. No degree but at least 7 years experience in flight test engineering
* Defined as the application of the principles of the physical sciences together with the principles of economics and human relations, to fields that pertain directly to flight test techniques, procedures, associated instrumentation or data systems.
MEMBERSHIP UPGRADE OPTIONS
Primarily engaged in the field of flight testing, and meet one of the following two criteria:
1. An active member of the SFTE for at least 5 consecutive years, and fulfill both A and B below.
2. An active member of the SFTE for at least 10 consecutive years, and fulfill either A or B below.
A. Held a position as a local or international Society officer, Tech Council Member, or Symposium committee member (or any combination thereof) for at least two terms.
B. Written and formally presented at least 2 formal technical papers at an SFTE symposium or workshop.
The highest grade achievable in SFTE is Fellow. A Senior Member in good standing for at least two years who has attained a position of notable distinction in the field of flight testing can be nominated by a member or Chapter and is selected by their peers (those Fellows in good standing). They are awarded with an automatic lifetime membership in the Society along with the distinction and responsibility associated with this honor.
- For < 1000 SFTE Members up to 2 Fellows can be elected per year
- For >1000 SFTE Members up to 3 Fellows can be elected per year
Calculated Price: $2050 - (Member's Age x 25)
Flat Price: $400
|2020||Darren McDonald||Seattle, WA|
|2020||John Wardlow||Fort Worth, TX|
|2019||Peter Scheidler||Seven Valleys, PA|
|2019||Roy Combley||Seattle, WA|
|2019||Carla Jackson||Lexington Park, MD|
|2018||Samuel Carbaugh||Beavercreek, OH|
|2018||Jon Whitworth||Yuma, AZ|
|2017||Douglas A. Bell||Tustin, CA|
|2017||Timothy Jorris, PhD||Lancaster, CA|
|2016||Michael F. Bartlett||Bothell, WA|
|2015||Jeffrey G. Canclini||Fort Worth, TX|
|2013||David L. Vanhoy||Rosamond, CA|
|2012||John D. Korstian||Benbrook, Texas|
|2012||Gerald L. Jones||Prescot, Arizona|
|2011||Daniel Hrehov||Maple Valley, WA|
|2011||Peter H. Donath, Jr.||Cypress, CA|
|2010||David E. Gibbings||Somerset, England|
|2010||George J. Cusimano||Tehachapi, CA|
|2009||Gerald Dean Carico*||Ridge, MD|
|2009||Alan R. Lawless||Greensboro, NC|
|2009||Joseph G. Turner||Florissant, MO|
|2008||Joseph T. Dagata, Jr.||Lancaster, CA|
|2008||Barbara A. Wood||Salisbury, Wiltshire, England|
|2007||John L. Minor||California City, CA|
|2007||James L. Sergeant||Keller, TX|
|2006||Ronald E. Hart||Keizer, OR|
|2006||Harold E. Weaver||Ballwin, MO|
|2005||Roger L. Counts||Lancaster, CA|
|2004||Franz-Josef Enzinger*||Lenting, Bavaria, Germany|
|2003||William J. Norton||California City, CA|
|2002||Randall C. Smith||Arlington, TX|
|2001||James V. Upton||Canyon Country, CA|
|2000||David J. Houle||Laguna Beach, CA|
|1999||Allan T. Webb||Lancaster, CA|
|1998||John W. Beckett*||Irving, TX|
|1997||Charles Van Norman*||Wellington, NV|
|1996||Clayton E. Houston||Marietta, GA|
|1995||Donald D. Archer*||Clinton, WA|
|1994||Charles E. Adolph||Albuquerque, NM|
|1994||Jack Strier*||Lancaster, CA|
|1994||Eugene J. Zehr*||Manchester, MO|
|1994 ||Richard Abrams*||Los Angeles, CA|
|1994||Roger C. Crane|