FLIGHT TEST JOBS
POSTING JOBS TO THIS PAGE
As a service to our Flight Test community, we offer job listings free of charge. If you have a job listing link, please click the button below. All flight test professionals are encouraged to send in links for current flight test jobs, with preference given to SFTE Members. SFTE Corporate Members are provided full listings with more details as long as they desire, along with listings in the weekly SFTE News email.
Field Sales Representative
AeroGear Telemetry Inc. - Dallas, TX
The Field Sales Representative position will be providing sales support to our customer base and working closely with the established Sales Engineer.
- Base salary with a rewarding commission structure
- Paid travel expenses
- Complete mobile software
- Product training provided
Areas open: Dallas, Texas
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Sales experience
- Self Motivated & Organized
- Must be able to travel 60-70% of the time
- US citizen
- Familiar with aerospace/Military Industry customer base
Posted on May 27, 2020
Principal Hypersonics Test Operations Engineer
Stratolaunch - Mojave, CA
Stratolaunch is developing an air-launch platform to contribute to high-speed research and development. The goal of Stratolaunch is to use the air-launch platform for enabling technologies that may not exist otherwise. Stratolaunch has the potential for creating technology development opportunities for commercial, philanthropic, and governmental organizations to collect rich and actionable data and drive advancements in science, research, and technology.
As the Principal Hypersonics Test Operations Engineer, you will accept a critical role in achieving new milestones in aviation, and enable development of high-speed test vehicles to be air-launched from the Stratolaunch Carrier Aircraft. You will provide effective leadership as the focal point for high-speed vehicle test planning and execution, to include the potential to act as a Test Conductor for the mission control team during test events. You should possess considerable experience in test vehicle configuration control, test planning and resourcing, and conducting disciplined, effective developmental flight test, or similar experience in a technically demanding environment.
As a key member of the Stratolaunch team, you will have an essential role in meeting our ambitious company objectives. You must establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues on a small, agile design-to-flight team. You will be challenged with bringing unique and complex aircraft from initial airworthiness to operational use, at a company that believes in giving our team members the authority and responsibility to succeed.
• Develop and manage test strategy and objectives, test plans, test procedures, and mission cards for ground and flight testing for the high-speed test vehicles
• Coordinate closely with vehicle engineering team to define test and data requirements, and identify system safety or operational concerns
• Coordinate closely with multiple vehicle crew chiefs and ground support personnel to ensure operational priorities are understood and met
• Organize preparation for and lead Test Readiness Review activities as representative for the high-speed test vehicles
• Identify test hazards and develop mitigation actions
• Manage and communicate test-specific vehicle limitations and test readiness review actions
• Lead high-speed vehicle test execution team
• Coordinate on-vehicle priorities and schedules to meet final assembly and test requirements
• Assist with functional system test planning and execution in areas such as avionics, flight control actuation, recovery systems, propulsion integration and propulsion system demonstration activities
• Work with Carrier Aircraft operations team to ensure successful vehicle mating and integrated systems testing is accomplished
• Assist with the coordination of range, airspace and support resources in support of high-speed vehicle flight tests
• Execute integrated vehicle ground test activities and as key member of mission control room team during flight test activities
• Coordinate high-speed vehicle test data analysis and ensure test results are appropriately reviewed, documented, and controlled
• Provide key inputs to and mature the high-speed vehicle Concept of Operations including ground and flight operational procedures, timelines, checklists, and emergency response actions, starting from payload receipt through recovery of multiple vehicles per mission
• Provide key inputs to FAA launch licensing and government test range coordination efforts
• Participate in payload customer meetings, including meetings for payload integration/deintegration planning, integrated vehicle testing and data product delivery
• Facilitate payload hardware and software integration and integrated test on high-speed test vehicle
• Evaluate risks and risk mitigation plans to determine if the risks are appropriate and risk mitigations are adequate
• Travel, as needed, to support design, mission planning, and other tasks for the Program Director
• Demonstrate integrity, accountability and initiative to fulfill commitments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Technical aerospace leadership or experience, including supervision and training in a technical environment
• Ability to analyze and prioritize tasks on their own initiative, and drive projects to completion, to fit within overall business goals
• Ability to lead a small team, make decisions, communicate requirements, and quickly adapt to changing priorities
• Previous experience with new, experimental, or modified aircraft, launch vehicles or spacecraft, technical and safety review boards, and configuration control methods
• Knowledge of risk management or safety management systems
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be able to work irregular hours and work days, and travel periodically
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or similar technical foundation
• Flight Test Engineer graduate of a recognized test pilot school long course
• Previous experience as a Test Director or Test Conductor for a developmental test program
• Previous experience as a Flight Test Engineer or control room engineer on an active test program
• Experience with launch vehicle or aircraft requirements verification
• Experience with launch vehicle, air-launch, or high-speed flight programs
• Possess or be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
• Experience with government flight test organizations, ranges, and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution and 10 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required computer skills
• MS Office
• Configuration management tools
• Engineering and test data analysis tools such as IADS and MATLAB
• Travel estimated to be approximately 5%
• This position is located in Mojave, CA
Applicants must be a US citizen to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Stephanie Greenberg, Sr. Director, Human Resources
Stratolaunch | www.stratolaunch.com
Posted on May 22, 2020
Principal Engineers, Principle Systems Test Engineer 3,
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems - Palmdale, CA
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has immediate openings for all levels of Systems Test Engineers at our Palmdale-CA, Rancho Bernardo-CA, Melbourne-FL, and Patuxent River-MD facilities.
Principal Systems Test Engineer 3
The primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and publish detailed test plans, test schedules, and test procedures for developmental testing • Provide laboratory support for integration testing • Support and host test planning working groups • Interface with test article design and analysis teams to define test configuration and data requirements • Contribute to test card development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and test operations personnel • Conduct test readiness reviews, and pre/post-test briefings • Provide mission control room support and make real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness • Conduct and contribute to pre-flight and post-test data analyses to support anomaly identification and resolution • Maintain metrics on status of testing and constraints • Individual will serve as either a principal subject matter focal point between maintenance, design engineering, and test site team • Individual will work under only general direction to determine and develop approaches to solutions • Individual will work within a team environment and independently • Individual will be learning additional engineering discipline areas
Basic Qualifications: • Must have a Bachelors’ degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) • A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience with a BS degree as described above, or 3 years with an MS Degree • Overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work will occasionally be required • Current Active DOD Top Secret clearance is required • Special Program Access will be required • Ability to travel as needed
Preferred Qualifications: • In-depth knowledge of or flight test experience, to include control room monitoring, in one of the following disciplines: Payloads, Mission Systems, or Subsystems • Proficient in Microsoft Office and Integrated Analysis & Data System (IADS)
Apply Today - Principal Systems Test Engineer 3
Posted on April 20, 2020
Principal Engineers, Measurements/Loads Control
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems - Palmdale, CA
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has several openings for Principal Engineers, Measurements/Loads Control. The Specialty Test Team in Palmdale, CA is looking for qualified Mid-level Instrumentation Engineers to join our diverse team. The Structural System Test team performs all structural testing, both static and fatigue, ranging from component level to full scale article on both R&D and flight hardware.
Selected candidates will apply their electrical, mechanical, and computer skills, while utilizing complex, state of the art, load control and data acquisition systems to control hundreds of load actuators while acquiring feedback / data from thousands of sensors. Qualified individuals will collaborate with various disciplines and all levels of personnel throughout all phases of Structural Testing (i.e. Test Planning, Hardware and Instrumentation design, procurement and or manufacturing, Test Set-up, Test Execution, Data Reduction and Test Report Preparation and presentations).
Selected candidates are expected to perform the following:
- Setup, Program, Operate, and maintain LCS and DAS
- Plan and arrange for the equipment required for testing
- Interpret Test Requirements and Co-Author and publish Test Procedures
- Participate in Test-Ready Reviews
- Report the status of testing and constraints
- Participate in post-test data evaluation, problem identification, and resolutions
- Proficient with Micro Soft Office tools, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Visual Basic
- Have a thorough understanding of Wheatstone Bridge based sensors
- 2D drawings in AutoCAD
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years related experience or Master's Degree in STEM with 3 years of experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- 7 years with direct hands-on experience with test, measurement & control engineering applications
- Experience with structures testing, LCS and DAQ systems
- Experience in mechanical assembly & test, analog electronics, transducers, strain gauge design & installation experience
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
Application link: Principal Engineer, Measurements/Loads Control
Posted on April 20, 2020
Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer
Cruz Associates Inc. -Fort Campbell, KY
Cruz Associates Inc. (www.cruzinc.us) of Yorktown, VA has an open position for a Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer. The job location is at Fort Campbell, KY in support of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR).
Scope of Performance:
Provide engineering support to SIMO's primary areas of emphasis including A/MH-6, MH- 47, MH-60, MQ-1, Avionics, Sensors, ASE, and Weapon programs.
- Develop test plans, coordinate test activities to include test range scheduling and planning, data collection and processing.
- Apply and administrate the requirements of AR 70-62 as they apply to Army Special Operations Aircraft.
- Participate as a member of Technical Interface Meetings (TIM), Program Reviews, Test Integration Working Groups (TIWG), and System Safety Working Groups (SSWG).
- Participate in aerial flight in a Flight Test Engineering capacity.
- Work closely with engineering counterparts, to include, but not limited to the Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED), and Technology Application Program Office (TAPO).
- Perform routine clerical, administrative, and logistics tasks as required in support of the SIMO.
Education and Experience-Required:
- Possesses a Secret or Interim Secret security clearance.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working in military/commercial aviation.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with planning and conducting flight tests.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field.
- At least 3 years' exposure to the Defense Acquisition process.
Interested applicants should use the contact form on the Cruz Inc. Careers site here.
Posted on April 17, 2020